Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Published Works


Sandcastle Days


Like sand crabs scuttling across the shoreline
Gathering invisible plankton
Memories flit past my sight
Like pages of a half read novel
Riffling in an autumn breeze
Our sunshine days were long
And nights were longer still
A silvery suspended moon
Cast seaside shadows
While lazy palms
Idly danced to tango rhythms
I held your hand
You kissed my cheek
We whispered nothings
That meant everything
And greeted tangerine daybreaks
We searched for shells
And fused our colliding souls
Sidestepping driftwood and seaweed
As we sailed from day to month
Engulfed, infused, enamored
Building our sandcastle days
Along a khaki faded beach
Ignoring reality’s demands
Living on the ocean’s edge
While tempting the tide
Creating melted marshmallow memories
Sweet and softly warming my soul
I remember our sandcastle days
Not that long ago or far
From where we built our dreams
Hand in hand, dream on hope

No comments:

Post a Comment