Sunday, November 3, 2013


I Only Miss You When

 

 

 

I only miss you when I breathe

 

            When the leaves fall

            When daffodils bloom

            When snowflakes gather

            When I laugh, cheer or frown

                        . . . Sometimes when I cry

 

I only miss you when I blink

 

            When whippoorwills sing

            When puppies yap

            When I’m here or there

            Or far from anywhere

                        . . . Sometimes when I laugh

 

I only miss you night and day

           

            When sunshine smiles

            As morning dawns

            When nightscape stars glow

            After the sun sets

                        . . . Sometimes when I dream

 

I only miss you when you’re gone

            When the grass grows

            When babies cry

            When brooks babble

            When oceans roar

                        . . . Sometimes when I’m lonely

 

I only miss you when I breathe

 

No comments:

Post a Comment