Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back - Previously Published


Back

 

 

I would need to use

Every dictionary word

To catch you up on everything

You missed with me;

I would need to create

A brand new language,

Teach you all the phrases

So you would know

What you missed with us;

It would take volumes

And countless chapters

To fill the book,

Longer than an encyclopedia;

All the sunsets, hugs,

Tears and smiles

We missed together;

So many years passed away

Spent apart – afar,

Would-have-been memories,

Holidays and every days

Gone and lost;

There’s not enough words

To write or speak

So that you know

I’m glad you’re back;

Too few happy songs,

Lopsided grins and loving gazes

That I can give

To make up for

All we left behind;

I’m glad you’re back

No comments:

Post a Comment