Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Shifting Sands - Previously Published


Shifting Sands

                              

 
 

I spent my time

Building something

That could not be built

On crumbly silt

And so it collapsed

Fell in upon itself;

I trusted and wanted

I tried and failed

Yet persisted in the dream

Because I believed

Yet did not know

Of shifting sands

Beneath my feet

 

And still I toiled and hungered

With determination

Fearless resolution

Faithful in my yearnings

That you and I could share

A loving future built

Upon a platform

Of reinforced concrete steel

 

So I’ll re-spend my time

Constructing newness

That will sustain us

Keep us afloat, not adrift

To shelter and protect us

From falling and sinking

Into a misty wash,

Keeping the desires

Sunshine fresh and growing

Because we know

Those shifting sands

Beneath our feet

Will change to solid rock

No comments:

Post a Comment