Saturday, August 7, 2010

Beach Unleashed



The bossy sea
Shoves its grouchy surf
Half way up my suntanned calves;
I catch my balance
And amble along
Through the foamy edges
Watching marine life remains
And tossed about shell bits
Somersault one above the other;
A partial sand dollar
Skids across the drenched beachy grit
As the magnetic tide
Tugs it thoughtlessly
Back to its watery home;
White water breaking
Far from shore
Startles the diamond studded turquoise;
Brilliant sun bakes my bare shoulders
As I shield my eyes
From the coppery glare;
I study the ankle deep sea foam
As the swirling remains
Of once upon a time shells
Nibble at my toes
And grumbling waves grow raucous
Slamming against the semi-deserted shoreline;
Even the spindly-legged sandpipers
Toddle uncertainly along
The bubbly tide line;
An unexpected gust
Urges my steps forward
As the demanding water ebbs
Affirming Nature’s solitary strength

No comments:

Post a Comment